Pages

True nostalgia is an ephemeral composition of disjointed memories.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

8 Malibu, Ballito - Nov 2003 - Saying goodbye

Saying goodbye to my holiday home


Since moving in during May (2003), I've enjoyed 6 months of absolute bliss, coming down from Gauteng  so often that I've come to feel like one of the "locals"! Spending time with family and friends, having special time at the beach, exploring surrounding areas and enjoying the local cuisine, I've totally fallen in love with this beautiful little coastal town.

But now all my personal belongings have been cleared out as I've had an offer from somebody to purchase the unit. Selling feels like I'm selling my soul, but there's no ways I'm giving up "coastal living", so I will be using the money to buy a 3-bedroomed free-standing house in the same complex.


The house is still being built, as you can see from the above photo, (it is the bottom one with the white plastic on the roof), so I will have plenty of time to gather new furnishings. At the top of the picture is the units where I had my flat.


It's sad to know I'm done. But looking back, I've got a lot of great memories.









My last sunrise at Malibu, 21st November 2003

My last sunrise at Malibu, 21st November 2003

::